Live Five is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing a home for local professional theatre artists to develop their careers in Saskatchewan.
To achieve this we:
- present a series of high calibre productions that attract and excite an audience,
- provide a support structure for artists to create their own work opportunities,
- encourage collaboration between established and emerging artists, and
- promote an environment of engagement and exploration between artists and audiences.
Since 2004, Live Five has been raising awareness of independent theatre productions and local professional artists in Saskatoon by combining multiple artistic visions from five local theatre companies into one powerful season. Run by an energetic board of directors, we do not produce the work, but rather invite artists to showcase their talent to our community while alleviating some of the stresses of producing, so they can remain focused on creating powerful pieces of theatre.
Our organization receives no operational funding of any kind. We survive on the sweat and dedication of our working board, and the generous support of Saskatoon's most wonderful, community-minded small business owners.
Live Five is seeking new Board Members
In addition to governance of the organization, the board is responsible for the administration and promotion of Live Five Independent Theatre and its programs.
What we're looking for:
- Community members who are enthusiastic about engaging their peers in support of our mission to:
- Provide a support structure for artists to showcase their work
- Present a performance series of high quality productions
- Encourage collaboration between established & emerging artists
- Promote an environment of engagement and exploration between artists and audiences.
- Individuals with experience serving on not-for-profit boards
- Energetic professionals who have the time and dedication to devote to an active board, and who are eager to contribute their skills & expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Resource Development
- Community Engagement
Board Terms and Meetings:
Board meetings are held monthly, with an Annual General Meeting in October. Dedicated Strategic Planning sessions occur every three years. Board Members serve two-year terms, eligible for renewal, with no term limits.
- Attending and assisting with opening nights and other Live Five special events.
- Assisting with fundraising opportunities, which may include grant writing or helping out with our annual fundraiser - the Chefs' Gala & Showcase.
- Contributing and adding value to discussions.
- Acting in the best interests of Live Five and helping to ensure that all legal and financial responsibilities are being met.
- Actively serving on at least one board committee and taking on special assignments as able based on each board member’s skill set.
- Developing relationships within with the goal of growing our subscriber base and creating outreach opportunities. the Saskatoon community and serving as an ambassador for Live Five at conferences, workplaces and events
How to apply:
Please send a note of interest & related experience to: infoREMOVE_THIS@livefiveREMOVE_THIS.ca.
Board of Directors
Ed Mendez - President & Treasurer
Jessica Iris - Chair
Jensine Trondson - Secretary
We're sold out for Friday night! There is a waiting list for tickets, if you had your heart set on it. Book those t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Win tickets to see A GIRL IN THE BOX at Live Five Theatre and a $50 gift certificate to Thirteen Pies Pizza + Bar!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…